Sunday, September 13, 2015

Why is God Sitting Next to Me?

Why is God sitting next to me?

When I have the time,
I sit and I think.
There is no goal,
No burning question,
No urgent cause,
I just think about the miracle of life.

A tiny bird,
With a few ounces of weight,
Can using its tiny brain and wings.
Navigate across 500 miles of open ocean,
And never arrive late.

A tiny insect,
Mosquito by name,
Can using its even tinier brain and wings.
Locate my snoozing self,
And put me on its dinner plate.

There are zillions of examples,
Of intricate design.
There are flowers and bees,
There are novas and snow flakes.
These thoughts my mind do satiate.

It is then I realize,
I am not just thinking,
I am waiting.
Waiting for what?
No, I am not waiting for an event.
I'm waiting for a God,
A God Who calls himself,
The Life.

Does He ever come?
No, He never comes!

But if my mind is sharp,
And my spirit is poor,
I realize the wait was in vain.
He was already here.

So I sit and I think.
"Why is God sitting next to me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment