Sunday, September 13, 2015

Suspect Phrases

Socially Challenged? 

Certain phrases cause me to suspect the person using them is socially challenged. For example the phrase "I'll be honest with you." Why would I believe a person who just revealed he is a chronic liar who only tells the truth after announcing the same. Or the phrase "don't take this personally." I am a person, I will take it personally. Aren't you just saying "I am about to hurt your feelings but since I warned you first you can't hold it against me"? Guess what, I can. Last but not least variations of the phrase, "I am sure you would agree" or "wouldn't you agree". How do you know if I agree or not? Are you telling me I must live up to your expectations?

I'll be honest with you, I seldom rant so I am sure you would agree you shouldn't take it personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment